Mother's Day - My Glamorous Mom

As an Indian, I would say in India, we remember and honor our mothers every day, and not on Mother's Day. As mothers are never far from the heart and mind Bollywood is a good place to go to see the evolving mothers. Bollywood for decades has worshiped its mother's. 'Mere Paas Maa Hai' still remains the most cited dialogues of Indian cinema and so Bollywood ke paas maa hai!

Usually, the mothers we see on the screen have adorable smiles, soft and sweet voices. Their eyes that reflect the sacrifices they have made for their children. Sometimes they are mom or maa.

My mom resembles somewhere between the very traditional, loving and caring. She is elegant with a strong character and thus intense and also tech savvy at times.

My mom has also evolved from a more traditional mom of the 80s, like in movies. From a goddess, she has also changed herself with times in the last few years like in the new movies. In movies new age mothers are romantic. They also have musical moments of happiness. We see them flirting with their husbands and family members. They dance and sing at anniversary or wedding parties.

Like in present day films, my mom now play the role of confidant and provide support, wherever I am. She listens from her heart and encouraged me to fight for my love, to get a job that my heart preferred. And also to leave the family home, whenever I wanted due to my work demands or travel. We have no inhibitions, we listen to each other and without bias. The understanding is mutual and so I love her, with no end.

Mom has always been close, and adore me as a friend. She is an extraordinary woman. She knows how to show unparalleled loyalty, affection, and attachment to me. She is also my guardian angel, who prefers to hide her feelings. So as not to leave the bitterness that shines through the ordeals of the day. Even at present, I have been staying in a city far from my home for my job requirements.

Mom does not spare me in giving advice, in making good assessments on facts and my behavior. She reassures me and urges me to look forward always with a positive attitude and hope. I reciprocate her affection with the same enthusiasm. I put the center of attention with calibrated gallantry. There were times when I did not understand. And only now I understand that whatever she did, everything she did was for me. She said Yes, as often as possible, but she was also not afraid to tell me No.



Mom never forgets to greet me for my birthday. She calls a few hours before the start of the New Year or at any special occasion. Each year, mom and I exchange gifts during birthdays, and each time there is a party at home. We chat while sipping coffee in our living room or in front of the fireplace. Not wanting to miss anything, she has a strong sense of duty. And I thank her for her generosity and her boundless goodness.

She has a great artistic talent. She loves to make gift boxes with ribbons and flowers. They are true works of art. She decorates the table with the best services, napkins with floral patterns. She offers me good hot and cold drinks and biscuits. She pampers me with important items purchased from shops. These are sometimes disproportionate to the economic value of my gifts. But it is like that. She is very good in understanding my preferences. She is generous and spares no expense.

Like in present day films, she also dresses better. She has left behind the traditional cotton saris. And now prefer classy sarees with elaborate designs. Mom has a delicate and elegant demeanor. She taught me to never transcend into vulgar acts and be provocative. Her style is unmistakable with the colored saris and a hairstyle that is always taken care of.

She has turned me into a man. A man who is able to express himself and his emotions, without fear or being weak. She made me become a man, who is able to love and respect women. The best thing to have her as a mom is that I'm still learning from her every single day. She is confident, reliable and careful.

She has always been proud of me, who enjoyed my successes and accepted my failures. She has always driven me to follow my dreams and to overcome obstacles. She always believed in me, even at times when even I didn't believe in myself. She has always been my supporter and my rock. She is the first person I go when times are tough and I need reassurance. In short, my mom's love helps me overcomes all difficulties.



Growing up, every guy has his favorite superhero. When I was young, I was crazy about Spider-Man. I wanted to be like him, throw webs and combat crime. It took me 21 years to realize that, even if Spider-Man is undoubtedly the coolest superhero, I had the strongest superhero in front of me for all my life, and that is you, my mother.

When I take a step back and start to analyze my life as a whole then I realize the difficulties, the ups and downs, and all the problems in which you have helped me make me the person that I am today.

Many people of my age are afraid to show their true feelings. They are afraid of being ridiculed or being seen as too sweet by peers and friends. But I believe that if someone really means something to me, he or she must be informed as often as possible. That she needs to know the value that she has in your life and how much you appreciate it.

Today I am writing this letter to let you know my mother how important you are for me and I hope that by reading many more sons and daughters will stop only a second to feel the same emotions.

I wish I could have you at my side forever, but unfortunately, I know this is not possible. Until such time as I have to say goodbye, I'll do anything to remind me how lucky I am to have a woman like you in my life.

Mom, you were always by my side and you stay nearby at all times whether it was during the school days, football matches, during phone calls or when I asked you to help me look for something that I have lost in the house.

Many children grow up without the love and care that you gave me. I would like to share even a small percentage of unconditional love that you gave me with all those people because I believe that everyone deserves the love of a mother.

Having someone who can support like you and listen to you every day is one of the most incredible gifts of life. You've always been my number one fan. You seem to dress up to perfection in an infinite number of roles where you are the guardian, the best friend, the teacher and the list can go on and on. You have made me express myself freely, be creative but above all be honest, come what may.

You showed me how to treat others with honesty, kindness, compassion, and love. I promise to teach my children the same things that you and Dad taught me, to show them that honesty in life is the most important thing.

I know I have not been the best son in the world. I made you angry, and I have been a headache to you countless times. You're the first person to whom I share the good news, and with whom I celebrate the successes.

I hope you can look at the man that I've become and be proud. Yes, there are so many people I have to thank the many people who have made me become the man I am today, but you are the first that deserves my gratitude.

Please never think that you have not done enough for me. You are the best thing that happened to me in life and you are my favourite superhero.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url